Tuesday, February 16, 2010

MY spoken word poem

A tribute to Eli Lily


I quit takin my pills last week.

Yes I did.

I quit takin my pills last week, cuz they made me wanna die.

Same pills I've been taking for a year.

But this time, they made me wanna die.

I quit taking my pills last week,

and been sick ever since.

But I'd take nausea any day,

over wanting to die.

Got me an appointment with my therapy lady on thursday,

cuz I wanted to die.

Haven't seen her in a year, she said I wasn't trying hard enough.

What the fuck does she know?

Probably more than me.

I quit taking my pills last week, cuz they made me wanna die.







1 comment:

  1. I really like the rhythm of this poem. It has a very pronounced beat, one that is pleasing to read. I think that is very hard to do so I commend you.

    I guess my only comment, and you can take it for what its worth, is your use of "fuck." I am not opposed to the use of profanity, its not that. I just think that in this instance it is a disservice to the poem. It pulls the reader away from the beautiful rhythm.

    ReplyDelete